About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, January 2, 2017

Caretaker taking care

I originally wasn't going to write about today because it didn't concern Jayen and I like to keep this MOSTLY about Jayen and how his disability changes our lives (most often in a positive way)! But I realized, it's ok. I am the primary caregiver for my son. I could rattle off to the first person who asks his list of current medications including doses, his current outpatient therapy, his current ABA therapy, the goals that he is working on at school, etc. I have to keep track of everything he does and how well he does it. My mind is always on him but sometimes, I NEED A BREAK!
For Christmas this year, Matt and I decided that we weren't going to exchange gifts. I was really trying to convince him to make it work for us to go to Mexico for a friends wedding in February, but we just couldn't find a way. So instead, I was able to convince him and my dad that we could go on a mini excursion. For my parents' 20th anniversary the kids were going in on a hot air balloon ride for them. The weather in Nebraska just wouldn't cooperate and it was cancelled. Nearly 15 years later, I was able to get them and us up nearly 3200 ft in the air. I've always wanted to do it and now I not only could cross something off of my bucket list, but I was able to do it with my parents and help them cross it off of theirs. Such a spectacular evening with the most amazing company to share it with. Sorry kids! Maybe when you are older!










No comments:

Post a Comment