About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, January 14, 2017

So special he doesn't need special!

Words couldn't even begin to explain how proud of this little man I am today. His first basketball game with neurotypical peers! Although we still need to work on defense and offense too, he did a great job! He ran up and down the court when others were, he took water breaks like the other kids, he ran towards the ball in most cases, and smiled the entire time. My biggest fear was that he was going to be the disabled kid parents moan about being on the court because it means they will probably loose or at the very least take time away from their child. I didn't feel that way. Jayen was included and you would have never guessed that he was any different than any of the other kids out there. I'm so proud of him. I can't stop crying and laughing. He truly is such and inspiration and I don't know what I would do without him. He has an amazing coach who truly takes the time to teach. Jayen looks up to him and I can't wait to see what this basketball season will bring!






Great job Jayen! You moved another mountain right underneath my eyes. I'm always there behind you cheering you on and helping whenever you need me. Keep going buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment