About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, January 6, 2017

Nervous but Excited

I've been tossing around the idea with Matt for a couple weeks now and Wednesday night I asked Jeni and Kyle, with the city of Surprise Rec department, if they thought Jayen could play on a regular youth basketball team. I wasn't sure that the 7 to 8 age range would be appropriate for him as I remember it being quite aggressive when Dalan played, more aggressive than football! But was hopeful the city would let Jayen play down an age group. Jeni talked with the recreation department head and informed me they would give Jayen an age waiver so he could play with the 5 to 6 year olds. I was so excited but still faced with trepidation. Is this too much for Jayen? Am I throwing him into something that is too advanced for him? Am I blind to my son's abilities and thinking he is better than he actually is? Is he going to be the kid out on the court that all the parents sigh when it's his turn to play? I don't even know if trepidation begins to explain the worries and fears running through my head right now.
BUT...I went for it anyway. Today I unenrolled him from buddy basketball and enrolled him in youth basketball. I'm hopeful that he will be assigned great coaches who will also help him grow as a basketball player and a teammate. He won't continue to grow if he/we don't take chances. Jayen's voice in my head keeps telling me, "Take a leap of faith, mom! I can do this!"

No comments:

Post a Comment