About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, March 6, 2017

Hellos and Goodbyes

What a super crazy, fun filled weekend! But the fun and surprises didn't end! Our friends Kurt, Bonnie, Chloe and Brett moved to Colorado around Christmas last year. We miss them and will try to stop and see them every time we pass through on our way back to Nebraska. But this time they were wanting to surprise us! Bonnie sent me a message a couple days ago asking if Brett could surprise Dalan at school for lunch. I was so excited for them, but wasn't going to let them have all the fun. Thankfully Allissa was still here and was willing to have a lunch date with Brilyn so I could go to school and see our friends too. It was such a fun hello but ultimately followed by sad goodbyes. I think Bonnie and I could have chatted for at least another couple of hours. We miss you friends and are so thankful you chose to spend what little time you had in town with us. Next time, I'm taking you out to lunch somewhere where the food doesn't come on portioned trays!


Our goodbyes have to continue tomorrow when we take Allissa back to the airport. I'm so thankful she was here, but I feel like we haven't had any time together. We haven't even had one whole conversation. Last time she was here I felt like we talked so much. I had never been closer to her. This time was so different. I know there was so much going on that it couldn't have been helped, but it still makes me so sad. I have loved seeing her with the kids though. The special time they get with their aunt makes me so happy. Even if it is just the silly times while waiting at Jayen's therapy! I could tell even Dalan was missing her and home.



We will try to enjoy the last few hours we have with her before we have to send her back to Texas. So tonight we are making sushi! We introduced Allissa to sushi when she came to visit us for the first time. Although I couldn't get her to like the real stuff, she was excited about California rolls. And I think she was excited about learning how to make them!





What a delicious ending to the craziness this past week brought. We are so sad that we have to let her go, but we hope she comes back soon. If nothing else, to get more sushi! We love you Allissa. Your help this week has been invaluable. I couldn't have done it without you. Come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment