About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Sky Kids

His prayers have been answered. Yes, even after participating in this event multiple times he still prayers every night that he gets to fly an airplane again. (Even tonight when going to bed he prayed that he could do it again.) Well, today is the day! The weekend keeps getting better.
We had to wake up super early, after the late night last night, and go to Dalan's baseball game. We had to take him out of the game before it was over just to get to Sky Kids in time. Dalan was a little disappointed because he had a really good game. He thought he might even get the game ball. But, being the amazing kid that he is, he didn't complain at all. He didn't even get upset when he found out Brilyn was able to go so he would have to stay on the ground with me. Brilyn was finally big enough this year, with her booster, to be able to go on the airplane for the first time. I was super jealous that dad got to go with on her first flight, but so excited for her too.



Jayen's pilot is an instructor with the University of North Dakota.




He was ready to go and didn't need me to take any more pictures.



coming in for a landing







After the flight, the kids walk to red carpet back to the hanger and are welcomed back to applause and cheers. They are then asked to write their name on the Sky Kids poster for that year. It is such a happy moment. But my happiness couldn't be contained when he, without any verbal prompting, picked up the marker and independently and very legibly wrote his first name. He is growing so much right before my eyes. This day is truly magical for all of us and we can't thank Sky Kids enough for giving my son this opportunity.


I had mentioned to my uncle Bob that this would be one of the things we miss the most when we move again. So he quickly asked what we need to do to get one back home? Well, Matt and I took this opportunity to sit down and talk with Bill Antonucci Co-Founder, Executive Director, Administration/Operations. He was so giving of his time and helped walk us through where we would need to start. I'm so thankful for his time and I can't wait to see if this is even possible to bring back to Nebraska. Uncle Bob, we have some great info and are ready to jump whenever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment