About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, May 5, 2017

Awards Ceremony and Secret Visitor

I had received an email from the physical education teacher at the boys' school that Dalan would be receiving a very special end of the year award for all of his hard work and dedication. I was not surprised, but I was honored for him. He truly is such an amazing kid and tries to always keep others in mind. I couldn't wait for his name to be called so I could show him how much I love him and appreciate him always being amazing. But I wasn't ready for Jayen to be called. Usually a note is sent home the week before letting you know your child would be receiving an award, but someone forgot to send it home or let me know. I was so shocked and excited for him. I love when he gets recognized for his hard work too!!






As if the day wasn't special enough, we had a SUPER SPECIAL SURPRISE visitor join Jayen for lunch today. Our friend, Olivia from Minnesota, was in town and wanted to make sure she got to see Jayen. Olivia was in the hospital the same time as Jayen having brain surgery. We really connected to her and her family and are so happy technology has helped us stay in touch. They let me know a while ago that they would be in town and we worked out the details so they could come surprise him at school during lunch. I wish lunch was longer. Jayen had enough time to hug everyone and take a few bites before he had to take off again. Thanks to his amazing teacher, Dalan was also able to stop by and quickly say hi. Since lunch time is so short, Brilyn and I were able to go out for lunch with Olivia and her family and catch up a little more. I didn't want to let them go. Distance has separated us, but there is a bond that can never be broken between our families. You are forever in our hearts and minds Olivia. Keep growing into the amazing young lady you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment