About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, June 30, 2017

Pushing a little further!

We had about 5 hours left before we needed to start driving the rest of the way, so we tried to make the most of it. I was determined to get Jayen on one of the bigger slides. Brilyn was completely fearless and went down the inner tube slide then immediately asked to do it again and the racing one by herself.
I asked everyone if they wanted to join us on the inner tube slide and just kept telling Jayen to, "come on". I don't think he even knew what was going on, but just went with what everyone else was doing. (We'll teach him that is bad later!) I had him help me grab a tube then start walking up the steps. I was thinking this was about the time he was going to start getting upset. But to my surprise he didn't. He made it all the way to the top of the steps, saw dad and Brilyn in front of us get on the tube and still had little to no hesitation. When it was our turn we stepped up, I sat down and Bonnie helped lift Jayen to sit on my feet. He was still doing ok. That was until we started going down!! He was completely silent. With each turn that silence turned into a whine, then a screech, then a full blown scream. BUT HE DID IT! He tried it. Even if he didn't like it, he did it! That was all I wanted. Well, kind of. I thought that maybe he didn't like the inner tube one because you go through a tunnel of sorts. He couldn't see his surroundings. Maybe this was why he didn't like it. So I was still determined. I wanted him to try the racing slide. It is like a sled that you lay on your belly and slide down. I didn't give him much of an opportunity to say no again. I quickly told dad what was going on and grabbed two floats. Jayen was not as willing to go up the steps this time. I kept telling him we weren't going on the same one. We made it to the top and with more hesitation but compliance laid on the blue mat and went down! I wish we would have started with this one, but after going down once he was done. But again, he did it. That was all I could ask for. 
The rest of our time we spent riding as many of the slides/rides as we could. I even went down the tornado one that closes on you then the floor drops out. Didn't think I'd do it, but at least I tried! Right? ;)









I'm so incredibly thankful for the time we got with the our friends and as a family. This is what life is about. This is what I want more of. I want memories and experiences. This trip was full of both!  

No comments:

Post a Comment