About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Let the vacation begin!!

Dad's oldest brother was getting married in Nebraska this weekend so we convinced him to take us all back. But since this was also our anniversary weekend I wanted to make it a little more of a vacation. After some convincing, I was able to get him to agree to letting us stay at Great Wolf Lodge in Colorado Springs. Friends of ours from Arizona moved to Colorado Springs about 6 months so we also thought this would be a great opportunity to meet up with them. I called and asked them if they wanted to join us and they agreed. Colorado Springs is also the halfway point to Nebraska so it was the perfect stopping point. We needed to be there around noon to check into the hotel so we had to leave our house around midnight. We all met up at their new house, hiked, drove to the hotel/waterpark, played in the water, ate together, laughed, and just enjoyed each others company. 

















Jayen spent most of his time playing in the kiddie area. He wasn't so fond of the dumping buckets or spraying fountains. He felt comfortable and happy just dumping a small bucket over and over again. We didn't push him too much, but kept asking and trying to convince him to do some of the slides. After a quick break for dinner we headed back to the waterpark and spent the rest of our evening there. Shortly before we left, Jayen went down the smallest slide independently. I took this as a sign. Tomorrow, we push for a bigger one!

No comments:

Post a Comment