About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Transformers

We are soaking in as much time with dad as we possibly can. So when the opportunity came around to be able to watch the new Transformers movie before it was open to the public, we jumped on the chance! Since the movie was partly filmed at Luke AFB and on the Loop 303, the producers wanted to say thank you by letting Luke airmen see the movie free of charge before it debuts to the public. The kids were super excited; they got to see the movie, eat popcorn, drink pop, and snuggle with dad. The only issues we had were that dad only has two arms so someone was always upset that they had to sit by mom. Boo hoo. 



Towards the end of the movie, Jayen was really having a difficult time. Matt was holding him for a while but I could see his frustration building. I asked for Jayen and took him to the isle. I just grabbed him and held him tight. I could see he needed it. He fought me a little at first, but eventually just gave in. I think he knew he needed it too because not more than ten minutes later he was dead asleep. I don't know if the screen and flashing lights or the loud sounds are what set him off. But we worked through it and were able to stay for the rest of the show. We, of course, will try again and see if we can get through a whole movie. We will always continue to try. We will always work at things and help Jayen to navigate the world he lives in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment