About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Mom's Birthday

Today is mommy's birthday! Although she could think of 1000s of ways of celebrating, none would have been as much fun as spending the day with my family. We went to church together in the morning then rushed home to change before heading downtown to watch the Arizona Rattlers play. Mr. Steve and Ms. Bina from church have season tickets and were able to get us tickets as well. We wanted to go but had to wait until dad got home to go with us. And today is their last game! 
We arrived early enough for everyone to stand down by the field and high five the players. Arena football is so neat in that aspect since you can literally be right next to/in the action. Matt and the kids headed down and were able to high five the players. Jayen was nervous and kept backing further and further away, but the players still noticed him and the line moved with him. I loved it! I was laughing and crying at the same time. 
After the players all came through they started warming up and Jayen continued to move further and further away. I could tell he was spiraling. I left our seats and headed towards them. I was able to stand with Jayen a couple rows up. We continued to try to come down to the front but each time he pulled my hand back up and wanted to watch from afar. Eventually we had to go find our seats. And it couldn't have happened at a better time. The introduction before the game is quite intense and too much for Jayen to handle. As soon as we found our seats, Matt and Jayen went on a run.





When they came back they had a present for mom! An overpriced alcoholic beverage, just what every mom wants!!! It was a sweet gesture.


The game was fun! We were able to cheer for every first down, touchdown and kick off. That is until the mascot came out of the tunnel. Boy oh boy is this little man scared to death of mascots. There was nothing I could say or do to convince him he was safe and the snake wasn't coming near him. I could only hold him and continue to repeat that he was safe and eventually the snake would go away and we had another 3 minutes of enjoyment.




After the game mom had one more request; I wanted to eat at Red Robin. I wanted a big, juicy hamburger!! It was exactly what I was waiting for. And the kids even surprised me by telling the waiter it was my birthday. They brought out ice cream and we all shared.


The day was amazing and I'm so glad I got to share it with the loves of my life. They even posed for a picture with me one more time. Thank you for making me feel special today!

No comments:

Post a Comment