About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, July 3, 2017

Henry Doorly Zoo

We have been waiting to play in the waterpark at the zoo for a couple years now. But every time we have come back and had the chance to visit the zoo it is too cold and the waterpark isn't on. Well, today is the day! Today is also the opening of the new Children's Adventure Trail. Double Bonus! And it worked out for Lucas, Brittani and Huntley to go with us. And Renee, William and Mallory. AND Rikki, Grant and Aubrey! Quadruple bonus!
Jayen was a little hesitant at first and stayed towards the outside edges. I wasn't sure if it was more so for not wanting to get wet or if he was scared of the large animal sculptures. It was extremely hard to keep track of the kids so I was incredibly grateful for all the extra hands and eyes. 







In true Jayen fashion, he was finally warming up to things about the time we needed to leave. Rikki and family couldn't stay long so when we left the waterpark they had to leave too. I always wish for more time with all my friends.
After we dried ourselves off enough to put our shoes back on we went to check out the new Adventure Trail area. Boy did they go all out! There was a gigantic sunken pirate ship in the middle of the play area, streams and waterfalls to hide and play in, floating barges, and one of our favorite exhibits, the budgies, was moved to this area. Besides the much smaller budgie area, we really loved this new play hangout. The kids could have played there for hours if it wasn't so hot.





I may have been incredibly scared when they went down this. It is a very steep decline with an extremely jolting stop. We later found out the zoo had to fix this because a few kids were getting hurt. 


The heat and humidity was really getting to this guy. But anytime I can get a snuggle I will enjoy it!





Our friends, Renee, William and Mallory took off after this area. We were able to visit the rest of the zoo with Lucas, Brittani and Huntley. At every exhibit I would smile with excitement and cry with envy. This was a place I brought our children to nearly weekly. They grew up here. The excitement, wonder and mystery of worlds outside of theirs could be seen in their eyes every time an animal swam, walked or flew past them.





We spent as much time as we could enjoying the zoo and rediscovering all of our favorite spots and animals. But the heat and humidity had gotten to us all. We got back in the air-conditioned car and drove to relive some more memories. We drove past our old house, saw our old yard, our swing set, our garden, our roses, our old life. Some day I will get up enough courage to knock on the door and ask for a tour, but for now we just drive past extremely slow and see all of our memories flash before our eyes.
Just before heading out of town we stopped at the grocery store to pick up stuff to bring to my mom and dad's house. Just after checking out, Matt called me to say he thought my cousin Jay was walking in the store. As I was walking toward the door I ran into Jay and Merrick!!!! What an amazing surprise. It might have been short but it was so great seeing you two. I wish we still lived here so we could have playdates and meetups all the time.




What an amazing, full day. We are so incredibly blessed. We have incredibly family and friends and some of the most amazing memories with you all. We will treasure these forever and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment