About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Sunday, July 2, 2017

What we miss most!

After all the festivities last night, we had planned on going fishing with Matt's family but the weather had other plans. So we had an impromptu gathering at John and Erin's place. The kids were so excited to get to hang out with their cousins again. Jayen especially loved playing with baby Artist. After hours of wrestling I ran some quick errands. I was able to drive past our old house and cry a little, checked out all the things that have changed, ran to Wal-Mart, then picked up pizza for everyone! 






After lunch, we were so excited to be able to spend the day with our family from another mother! Any time we were around the Cordes family (Smith and Vaughan included) we felt like family. We miss them greatly! Gina was planning her annual Fourth of July party this weekend and we just happened to be here for it! I was so super excited!!!! The kids played in the pool, jumped on the trampoline, shot pool, and ate 'til their bellies were beyond full. Mom and dad got to have adult conversations and drinks!!!! We loved seeing all of our friends and wish we could have stayed longer, but our time here is short and our list of friends begging to see us is long.



We left Gina's house and headed back towards our stomping grounds to Nikki and Mark Dorn's. Mark was Matt's boss when we lived here and such a great supporter, Nikki and I became great friends and the kids were around the same ages and enjoyed playing together. We really miss them! We were able to shoot off some more fireworks, drink some more adult drinks, and chat a little more.  It felt so perfect. It felt like home. I didn't want to leave and I didn't want the night to end.






Can you believe this? Just last night he was screaming like he was going to die just watching them from a distance. Look what he is doing now! This is why I push. This is why I persuade, beg, and demand he try things he doesn't like. This is why I cry myself to sleep at night from sheer exhaustion after holding him down. It is worth it! He is worth it!




No comments:

Post a Comment