About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, February 14, 2020

New gear, New hope, Cool Mom!

With Jayen's continued seizures causing him to hit his head more often, we knew we needed to look into helmet options. Typically, medical grade seizure helmets are bulky and cover the entire head. We weren't sure we would be able to get Jayen to agree to wear it or even keep it on. I was doing my research and trying to come up with "cool" options that I thought we could make work. I stumbled across protective headbands. I noticed they are advertised for use as protection while playing soccer. Well, if they are designed to absorb the impact of a soccer ball then they should be helpful in absorbing the impact of his head to a countertop. Right? And they look cool. I could totally convince him to wear a sports headband. I could show him pictures of basketball players wearing them. He would think he was "cool" and I would be "cool" for buying him basketball gear! Total mom win!
The headband arrived yesterday and first thing this morning we talked up how cool his headband was. So much so that he was mad at us for not letting him wear it to school today. Well, I guess it was a success. He is "cool" and his head is slightly more protected!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment