About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Chants and chances

This weekend has been pretty jam packed with lots of family and friends. We celebrated Uncle Tom's 40th birthday party of Friday and partied until all hours of the morning with cousins and friends. Saturday we were able to celebrate the life of friend lost way too soon. While mom and dad were out partying with their friends until all hours of the morning, the kids were at grandma's partying with cousins again. Then today we celebrated birthdays for Madison, Hunter, Morgan and Brooklyn with a bowling party. 
Jayen has always been a big fan of bowling. I love that he is 100% independent! He can do every aspect of the game completely by himself. He waited for his name to pop up on the scoreboard then grabbed his ball, plopped it down the lane, waited to see what he scored, then prepared for his next throw. Because he can do this all by himself, I took the opportunity to talk to adults. Suddenly, I hear Hunter and Dalan start chanting his name then the whole crowd of kids join in. Jayen grabbed his ball and walked to the lane with a little pep in his step as they continued chanting. He lofted the ball in the air, it came down with a thud, then rolled its way to the front pin. As the chants continued the kids watched as each and every pin fell to the ground and a new roll of cheers, screams and claps came with amazement. That kid just got a strike. What are the chances? I could see the excitement in his eyes as he scanned the room for the one person he wanted to share his moment with. Yep, not mom. He was looking for DAD. WTF? Fine, he gave dad a two handed high five then a big hug. I was watching his face to see if he was overexcited and this was going to turn to a cry or if he was going to live up this moment. He was definitely teetering on the edge of both. After his hugs from dad he did come over and share a little one with me. 
This weekend and the time with family was definitely what we all needed. This move hasn't been the easiest on all of us but I do still feel this will be worth it. I love my family and friends and I love that they love my children. I love that Jayen is included and valued!




No comments:

Post a Comment