About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Black and blue

This is what Jayen's face looks like. This is what the seizures leave him with. The bruising around his nose, the black eyes, the crusted blood in his nostrils. These don't ever seem to go away. They sometimes change shape or position but are almost always present.
The headband I bought last week seems to be helping, if we get it on him in time. We are watching over him from the second he wakes not leaving his side. But somehow they strike the split second we blink. I continue to pray that some day we will have a little more control over them. For now I just pray that they stop leaving these lasting impressions on my son. 



No comments:

Post a Comment