About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Last Shot Day!!!!

Today is Jayen's last shot of ACTH!!! We are so excited that we are finally done with the horrible medicine. It is a blessing and a curse all rolled into one. It is a blessing that it has made the seizures stop, but a curse that it took all that time and talent away from him. Jayen is slowly regaining some of the abilities he lost and slowly learning new ones. Every day he amazes me! He just started talking again and seems to be more alert about his surroundings. He is making great progress. We are thankful for the medicine, but are even more thankful that WE ARE DONE WITH IT!!


Dalan played a big role during these 9 weeks of shots. Dalan's job was to take off the band-aid on the opposite leg. (We left the band-aid on to help remind us which leg we were supposed to be on.) He is such a good big brother. He would always make sure Jayen was ok after his shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment