About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Physical therapy evaluation at PTC

Love, love, love the PTC center in Papillion. We had our initial evaluation for physical therapy services today. Jayen showed them all his cool moves. He rolls EVERYWHERE now. However, that is his only move. The therapist tried moving Jayen around to get him to do more of an army crawl but each time he would maneuver out of it and go right into a roll. She was very impressed by his strength but could his is behind in his milestones. She recommended we be seen twice a week! I'm happy and nervous at the same time. This is quite a big time commitment.
While I was there we also talked about occupational services. An OT came in a performed an impromptu evaluation. I have to call my doctor to get a referral for them to complete a full evaluation. I was explaining how Jayen refuses to eat or gags as soon as something touches his tongue. The OT tried putting some baby food in his mouth. Jayen was very adamant about not wanting it but wasn't gagging like I had mentioned. Two bites later, he decided to show them what mommy was talking about. He gaged and threw up everywhere. We will call the doctor today and ask for that referral! (Jayen thanks for not proving your mommy wrong ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment