About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hospital Stay

We spent the night in the hospital. It was a late night and a very early morning. Jayen woke up at 4am and wouldn't go back to sleep. He was so tired but you could just tell he didn't feel good. About an hour later he had another seizure. Poor little guy. I just don't know how to make things better.
We had the EEG around 9:30 then waited to hear from the neurologist about how it read. We were told they didn't see the hypsarrythmias that are associated with the Infantile Spasms but they did see that he was having irregular spikes. He had potential for seizures was the answer I was given. Not sure if that meant they didn't think he was really having seizures or what "potential" meant. The doctors are confident that we should be able to control the seizures with prescriptions. We are going home with two prescriptions; Topamax and Depakote.

No comments:

Post a Comment