About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I think we are in good hands!

I got a call this morning from Dr. Lee (our new peditrician). He was reading over the notes from Dr. Pavkovics office and wanted to ask some questions. I am so relieved! I wasn't just one of the nurses calling, it was the doctor himself! He asked what was going on with the Lamictal and I shared what was discussed with both of the neurologists. He read me an excerpt from a prescription dictionary (I think that is where it was from) that said there is no exact theraputic level for Lamictal. It is theraputic according to how the patient reacts to it. He was saying that according to that statement he thinks I am completely justified with not wanting to increase it. He also asked if Dr. Pavkovic made any suggestions about Jayen's acidosis. Apparently his acidosis levels have gotten worse. If not treated this could really affect Jayen and his development. I'm so thankful that he was looking out for us and spotted this discrepancy. I'm not sure why Dr. Pavkovics office did not catch this, but I am so happy and excited that we have a doctor looking out for us. Can't wait to actually meet him! Thanks a million Dr. Lee!

No comments:

Post a Comment