About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

No seizure this morning. Dr. Frost came in to talk to us and recommended we talk to a geneticist. Apparently Jayen has some facial features that are associated with some syndromes common in IS kids. When the geneticist came in and mentioned they were looking at possible Angelman's syndrome I was a little shocked. I know two little girls with Angelman's and I don't see many similarities with Jayen and either of the girls. Just to be certain they will do a few tests. They will do some blood work and send off his DNA to do a chromosomal check. They will also do another test, called a Spectroscopy, during the MRI that will look specifically at what Jayen's brain is made up of.

1 comment:

  1. Prayers and many hugs to our buddy, Jayen! (And the Hochstein family!) You all mean so much to the Loftus family...

    ReplyDelete