About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday the thirteenth

There must have been a lot of people praying for a seizure this morning, but they should definitely stop now! Jayen had a seizure this morning!!!! The docs saw it on video and on the EEG. It actually starts before his laugh and is undetectable and lasts longer than what we were thinking. Dr. Frost had to go to a meeting and didn't have a lot of time to talk today so hopefully he will talk a little more tomorrow. Jayen got his electrodes off around 1 then was told he had to keep a towel on his head until he could take a bath so the solution didn't get in his eyes. Nice they told us there were two other kids who had to take baths before him. Try keeping a two year old from taking a towel off his head while trying to play. When it was finally his turn the nursing assistant dumped a big jug of water on his head. I thought is was supposed to stay out of his eyes. What a mess! We took a nap while waiting for MRI. They were running late. MRI went well, but once again I had to look into my babies eyes and say so sorry honey. Jayen had to get an IV. He was wrapped in a blanket and held down. Then even worse I had to see him go from a screaming fit to his eyes rolling to the back of his head and him being unconscious. That's when mommy lost it, and I'm pretty sure daddy did too. Propafol really works. And apparently thanks to Michael Jackson, we cannot have any for the ride home.
When Jayen finally came to he was spoiled with popsicles, cookies, and juice. The nurses loved him and his kisses. He was throwing everyone kisses and they were throwing him goodies. He will most definitely get by on his charm!!!
Back at our room we ate a little then found out someone forgot to get his lab work. So once again I had to help hold down my baby and apologize to him. Hopefully this is all over and we don't have to do any of it again!!! That is what we can pray for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment