About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Diastat disaster

After talking with Dr. Frost's office about Jayen's last seizure (on the 6th) we discussed that from now on if Jayen has a seizure lasting longer than 3 minutes we have to give him the Diastat. I'm so nervous, scared, pissed, and all other kinds of emotions. Who wants to give their child a rectal medicine that is supposed to stop a seizure? What are the side effects? What is he going to be like afterwards? What is Dalan going to say when he sees this?
Well a few of my worries and questions were answered today. Jayen had a seizure this morning. At three minutes we gave him the diastat. THANK GOD Matt was still home to help me do it. I don't know that I could have gone through that by myself. Jayen's seizure continued for another 3 minutes then he fell asleep. This is typical behavior, but I wasn't sure how long he would sleep for or how he would act after. Would he be drugged for the rest of the day?
I didn't want to wake Jayen up to take Dalan to school. Matt was able to come get him and take him to school. I emailed his teacher to let her know that if this happens again that I probably won't have anyone to take Dalan to school. That I would have to let Jayen sleep and bring Dalan in when he wakes up. I hope Dalan is going to be loving and understanding about it. He has had to do a lot to help his brother out. I hope he never feels like it is a burden.

No comments:

Post a Comment