About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Grounds pass

Got the wires off for the MRI and we couldn't keep Jayen contained anymore. One week of being tethered to a 30 foot cord and he was off the walls. We were finally given a grounds pass!!!! We could take him anywhere on the Chidren's Hospital grounds. Someone told us about the rooftop gardens. Better go check it out!!!
I don't think he is excited at all!

He was literally RUNNING down the halls!!!





In the back you can see the screens covering the hospital. It really helped transform the area. At the top of the screens was a little poem that brought tears to my eyes.
 
Five year old Kirsten is a curious little girl
with a beautiful smile and heart full of curls.
All of her friends just love to play,
In a magical garden on beautiful days.
Where dreams come to life and time drifts away.
The creatures and plants have stories to tell,
They talk you see and have sweet scent to smell.
Secrets about in the world outside
With things to find and places to hide.
Kid and grownups and animals and bugs,
in a place for fun and hugs.

What a secret garden this was. There were plasma cars, a fish water fountain, plants all over. It was so magical! I think Jayen, mommy and daddy all had smiles plastered on their faces the entire time we were there. It was such a perfect break. Truly magical!!! Our time got cut a little short when one of the boys ;) forgot to tell me he had to go to the bathroom. I'm so glad we got to see and experience the gardens though. This is our third admission to the hospital but only the first time seeing the gardens. Maybe tomorrow we can try to discover a few more hidden treasures!





 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment