About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

What I just witnessed!

I really do think a part of me dies every time I have to hold my baby's lifeless body while he is having a seizure. Today what I witnessed was just as heartbreaking both in a good way and a bad way. I'm sure I just witnessed my 16 month old starting to understand what is happening to her brother. For the first time, when Jayen was having a seizure, Brilyn came over and repeatedly gave him kisses and rubbed his head. She wasn't leaving his side. I had never seen her like this. She is usually good about keeping her distance from her brother since he is often rough with his touches. I teared up both from the seizure and from her response. I'm sad that this has to be a part of her life too. I'm made that it has to be a part of Jayen's life.
Waiting for the call next Tuesday that will hopefully give us some more answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment