About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

A different kind of play

We were invited to a friend's house today for a party. It was so nice to get out of the house and let them play after being in the house with them by myself for over a week. The boys were so excited to see some old friends. They immediately ran off when they saw their friends. But quickly Jayen was being left out. I kept seeing the other kids continually pushing him to the side and telling him not to play with things. He was getting upset with them and acting out. I felt like I couldn't leave them alone. I sat downstairs with the kids and felt a little left out of the adult conversations. Any second I tried to leave Jayen alone, I was approached with another child telling me what Jayen did wrong. I know he is no angel!!!!! I promise I know that, but I felt very discouraged by the other kids including my own. Dalan knew better. He knows how to get Jayen to do things and to play what they are playing. I reminded him that he isn't allowed to disclude Jayen. Jayen didn't seem to notice or care too much, but it really hurt me. I am really starting to notice how he plays and how it is so different than his peers. Will he ever have friends? Will they ever understand HIM? Sad mommy moment # bagillion!

1 comment:

  1. I think that sometimes too... anytime you want to try with Espen just let me know! I am usually that mom sitting WITH the kids left out of the conversation. But I want no one to be hurt and everyone to be included.

    ReplyDelete