About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Oh the changes you will see!

Got to see our favorite doctor today!!!! But couldn't have planned it any better. While we were in the room talking about Jayen, none other than the doctor from Minnesota called. Apparently the date they previously gave us did not work with all the doctors, so they needed to reschedule. I don't understand why I had to wait over a week for them to check with the doctors and give me a date only for them to call back a week later and tell me it didn't work. AHHHHH! At least it is a little earlier rather than later. We are now scheduled for surgery on February 12th. We will still have to be there two days earlier to do some labs and testing.
I'm glad we were in the room with Dr. Toth. He could see first hand the craziness of these doctors. I had everything lined up as far as where everyone was going to be, who they were going to be with, and how they were getting there. Now I have a lot more work to be doing.

We have also learned that the Air Force is allowing Matt to stay for the surgery. He was originally supposed to leave on Valentine's day and be gone for three months. They have allowed him to push back school until SEPTEMBER!!!! This will give Jayen enough time for a full recovery. However, this makes for a lot of changes for the rest of our family too. We are now supposed to be in Arizona by the end of January. We have tossed around the idea of the rest of us staying here until the end of the school year. Mommy isn't sure about this idea, three months without daddy at the end of this year and five months without daddy at the beginning of next year.

So many changes our heads are still spinning. I guess we just need to find something sturdy and hold on.

No comments:

Post a Comment