About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Unofficial water boy!

Matt and I have coined Jayen with the title "Unofficial Water Boy" for Dalan's basketball team. Matt's boss, Mark, is the coach for the team and is very supportive of Jayen being involved. This past weekend Dalan dressed Jayen in a purple shirt just like the team shirts. Jayen was so excited!!! During the game Jayen wanted to sit on the team bench instead of with his boring mom and dad! He did A M A Z I N G! He wanted to go in a play when the players switched out, but was reminded to sit back down and didn't put up much of a fight. I was so amazed and proud.
 
 
At practice today, Jayen was once again front and center. When I turned around to see what he was getting into, this is what I found him doing.
 
He was stretching with the team, doing exactly what they were doing. We had never showed him how to do this, he just did it. It was so cute. My heart grew a few sizes!


Thanks Coach Mark for allowing Jayen to be a part of the team. He enjoys every second of it!!!

1 comment:

  1. Now THAT'S a coach who understands youth sports! Especially at this age, it's not about the wins and losses. It's learning about yourself, how to be part of a team, and how to play well with others! This coach "gets it". Somebody double his salary!

    ReplyDelete