About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Seizure #2 and Mommy is so scared!

Well we got our second seizure but it was very scary. Jayen is off of all anti-epileptic medications so I'm not sure if that is the reason this last seizure was so intense. Jayen was unresponsive during the seizure which is somewhat typical, but usually he at least attempts the task we are asking. He also started convulsing. He usually has a tremor in his right hand but this was a stiff arm then a continuous jerking of his head. I was very upset. This was a very intense seizure and really took a lot out of him. He slept most of the day away and just wasn't himself when he was awake. I'm very worried about continuing without any medications. This was just too much for his little body (and my very big body) to handle.
Still waiting to hear what the plan is now. Dr. Frost thought we would do the grid stimulation this afternoon and do surgery tomorrow but Dr. Petronio said not until Wednesday. I'm just not sure what the plan is and I don't think anyone else does at this point either. Hopefully we will know more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment