About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Waiting, waiting, and waiting some more.

Got the word today from Dr. Frost, we are waiting for another seizure. The seizure he had yesterday was a "good" seizure and gave great info, but if  we they are to perform a brain resection they need to double check and see another seizure. Dr. Frost also mentioned that Dr. Dunn wasn't concerned about doing the stimulation or mapping. She was confident it wasn't in an area of critical function. I'm a little worried about this. Has his brain possibly made other pathways for functions that are in this area? I really do trust Dr. Dunn and her decisions, but if we don't map then we aren't 100% sure. I like 100%. I want to know for sure that we aren't doing any damage. Dr. Frost also mentioned that if anything happened that we would have to go in and remove the grid but not have the possibility of resection, that we have enough information to go in and do it at a different time. Things really seem to be stacking up nice. Now we just need to wait for that next seizure so we can confirm everything!

Things haven't been stacking up so nicely at home though. Dalan wasn't feeling well, so I arranged a visit to the doctor and he tested positive for strep. That same day my mom started feeling sick. She was throwing up all day and couldn't leave the bed. I was so sad my caretaker had to find a caretaker and I couldn't be there to help anyone! I'm glad they are all feeling a little better. I hope to be home soon guys. I will make it all better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment