About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, March 7, 2014

Still struggling to wake

Jayen's swelling was worse today than it was yesterday. It seemed like post op day two was worse the first time too. Jayen got to skype with his teachers this morning. It was so nice to see them. I only wish Jayen was in a better mood. He usually glows when he gets to talk to Dalan and Brilyn, I thought he would do the same with them. I guess I need to give him a little slack, he did just have parts of his brain removed. 



We were finally able to wear one our surgical caps! Jayen received so many compliments when we were out on our strolls. We got Jayen in a wheelchair a couple times and were able to stroll around the unit. When asked if he wanted to go back to the room or continue in the chair he would always ask for more. So we started upping the ante! We were able to get his shoes on him and get him walking. I would have been happy just getting him to the doorway but he surprised me and went around the little circle on the floor. So proud of him. I think we need to push for a little more activity!


There weren't a lot of awake moments with him, but we try to enjoy every second of them when they do occur. Really hoping tomorrow brings a little more of our baby back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment