About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, May 26, 2014

Two days of baseball!

Dalan received a free ticket to the Storm Chasers game for turning in his Book It calendars every month. We were able to purchase tickets for the rest of us at a reduced rate. We have been looking forward to the game for months. We had some extra tickets and we able to convince Tom, Tanya, Madison, Hunter, Morgan and Brooklyn to stay an extra day and go to the game with us.
 
 
Jayen was posed and ready to catch the home runs! I have never seen him stand this still. He was so excited. He loves baseball.

 

It was so much fun. Not even the rain delay could take the fun away. The kids were dancing in the rain while all the adults were taking shelter. The game was eventually called and would resume the next day. Our tickets were valid for the continuation of the first game and the next game that was scheduled.

 
Dalan must have some lucky pants on today. We convinced dad to let us go to the Storm Chasers rain delay game from last night. When we entered the stadium, some guys asked if they could ask us a question. I thought this was some survey but reluctantly said sure. They wanted to know if Dalan would be willing to go on the field at the top of the fifth to give the umpire a snack. Well sure, I think he would love it! After signing the concent form we headed towards where dad, Jayen and Brilyn were sitting. We were just a couple of feet away from where a fly ball fell but didn't get it. One of the workers saw and asked if he wanted a ball. Well of course again! Then when we were headed towards the dugout for his grand appearance another fly ball came our way but this time we were in the perfect spot and Dalan got it right away! We got to where we were supposed to meet and got to sit IN THE DUGOUT with the players. Dalan said they are litterers and they spit! He went on the field, was on the big tv, and got a t-shirt for doing it. What an awesome lucky pants day!






 
I had the most amazing family and friend filled weekend. I wish every weekend could be like this!

1 comment:

  1. What a great story! I love reading about your family's adventures. Seeing Jayen there with so much joy while watching America's favorite pastime is really endearing. I definitely agree in wishing that every weekend should be game day for you guys. Thank you for sharing the lovely pictures! Wishing you guys all the best!

    Jennine Stalder @ Uniforms Express

    ReplyDelete