About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Cussing and fireworks!

Not a hug cusser, but fuck fuck fuck! We just had our first 10 minute seizure since surgery. I'm not sure what is going on again. The last three seizures have been over 8 minutes. Can't wait to ask the doctors my millions of questions when we go for follow-up in a couple weeks. We let Jayen sleep it off as long as possible before we had to leave for the festivities tonight.
Tonight we are trying a professional fireworks show to get Jayen used to the sights and sounds before the big party tomorrow. Offutt was having their display at the base lake. We decided to avoid the crowd and traffic. We met Evan Friedrich and his girls at Catfish Lake in Bellevue. We had never been there but heard they have the best catfish in town. We sat outside hoping to see the fireworks from the patio. The kids loved throwing their leftovers in the lake and watching the fish go after it. As the sun started setting we quickly noticed the swarms of mosquitos that frequently visit the lake. We quickly decided to get in the vehicles and find a safer place to watch from.
 

 
We didn't get far though. We ended up on the side of the road right outside the restaurant. We set up our chairs and let the kids run around on the gravel road. They found a little toad and we more than busy passing it around! But once again we quickly noticed our friends found us again. I piled the kids in the car to watch a movie until the fireworks started then we would come back out. But when the bugs got too bad for the daddies too, we turned the cars towards the display and just watched from inside.


 
Not sure this helped Jayen at all! He was too busy playing with all the kids to even notice the fireworks. Hey, that might just be my answer right there! Keep him busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment