About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, July 4, 2014

Practice makes perfect!

All the practice sure paid off. Do you see what this kid just did? Sure, it was only a smoke bomb, but he was front and center beside all the other fireworks and even light a couple. I think the peer aspect of it helped the most. The big boys were all in the street lighting fireworks and Jayen really didn't have anyone else to play with. He was so amazingly brave. I'm thankful Matt took the time to work with him and make it a safe environment.



 
We survived the evening, even with plenty of LOUD fireworks shaking the entire block of houses. Jayen sat with me most of the night, but for some reason I only have a picture of daddy sitting with him. We need to teach daddy how to use the camera! There were times when Jayen knew he needed an extra squeeze, but grabbed our arms and placed them around him. I was so worried about this evening, but it couldn't have gone better.


This was also one of our last 4th of July parties at the Hayek's! Thank you so much Jerry and Kathy Hayek for opening up your hearts and home to us for the past 9 years. You hold such a special place in our hearts. Hope to join you again some year!

No comments:

Post a Comment