About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, August 8, 2014

Goodbye and MRI

We had to tell our friend Sydney goodbye today. She was going down for a procedure then would be leaving after that. We are so sad they won't be here anymore. We love Sydney, Chad, and Jenny! It truly was a gift from God to have them here with us. Keep in touch guys!
 
Jayen with Sydney and Ariat!
 
Jayen was scheduled for his MRI at 3 today, so we had most of the day to sit around and wait. We were able to have Zaundra convince Dr. Frost to write the orders and the EEG technicians to take off the wires a little early so Jayen could get a bath and play in the garden and zone before he had to go down. This also helped keep his hands away from any food since he was on NPO orders.

 
First bath in a week. We have this down! I'm pretty sure there wasn't any glue left on that head when we were done. The marker on the other hand was still there! As soon as his clothes were back on we were out the door! We love the roof top garden!


 
We had to check back in around noon to get medicine but then we able to leave and play again. But first a chair race vs Linda and Nadine. Man we love these nurses! I don't know any other hospital we've been to where we feel like family! I don't wish for another stay, but we are never disappointed to see our friends again!

 
After a trip to The Zone, it was time to head down for the MRI. After a screaming match trying to get the IV, we headed down the children's radiology. Their anesthesiologist team was in charge of sedation, but United was in charge of the MRI itself. So another trip down some windy hallways to our destination.  

 
I don't know that I will ever get used to seeing my baby go from screaming to his eyes rolling to the back of his head.


 
MRI took a little longer than thought, but we passed the time with a little Phase 10 again. Daddy of course, kicked mommy's butt. We were scared we were going to miss Jayen coming out of the MRI so we went back to Children's and waited there. When he finally came back mommy wanted to pick him up and hold him tight.

 
The rest of the night we just all snuggled and enjoyed our evening together. We went back to the room and watched a movie. It was all the snuggles mommy needed or could get. Hopefully the MRI results are written up and Dr. Frost can see them tomorrow so we can get out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment