About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

PTC Halloween and more showings!

Oh what a night! I'm so sad to realize that the more we do, the more we realize it is our last time doing it. PTC has been instrumental in Jayen's progress. We would not be where we are without them. The gym at PTC is reserved only for clients. Dalan and Brilyn often wish they could go back with Jayen, but are not allowed; except for one day a year! Every year they put on a Halloween party for all the kids. We love this. Their activities are Halloween themed but still very therapeutic. The kids had the most amazing time!






 
We had another showing tonight, so after the PTC party we went out to eat. I convinced the kids the we could try something a little fancier than McDonald's. We settled on Qdoba. (Yeah, a little bit fancier) When we got to the establishment and I sat the kids near the pop machine thinking that if I had to get refills that I could leave the kids at the table and still see them. Well this was apparently a HUGE mistake. Jayen immediately freaked out an insisted he get a pop immediately. I tried reasoning with my screaming child but it wasn't working. I finally picked him up and took him to the line to order. I was sweating trying to keep him under control and order at the same time. The place was at least mostly empty! While we were ordering Brilyn came running across the place screaming at the top of her lungs. Then shortly after that Dalan walked a few steps toward me and screamed that Brilyn just peed her pants. Of course! What else could go wrong. The employee saw I was frustrated and offered to help carry our food to the table. I quickly tried to clean up the pee on the floor and get Jayen a drink so he would calm down. After everyone was somewhat settled, I took one bite and Jayen stated he had to pee. Thankfully Dalan was willing to chaperone him to the bathroom. I always worry when I'm not with them. They were taking longer than needed so I went to the door and knocked. Dalan opened and said Jayen flooded the toilet and was adding more paper. I yelled at him and watched him wash his hands. We got back to the table and I was able to take one more bite before someone needed something else and the fighting over meals began. AHHHH! As I was refilling a drink a couple gave me a pity look. I responded that my husband was deployed, our house was on the market, and we couldn't go home for two more hours. The man said I should tell my husband thanks for his service. I looked at him and said, "If I get a chance to talk to my husband tonight, I probably won't be telling him thanks for his service." The man was taken back, but the wife started laughing. Probably not the right thing to say. I did eventually tell him thanks and I would mention it to my husband. After one more bite, Jayen inevitably had to poop now. I refused to let him go because of the last incident. Of course, that backfired on me too. He ended up pooping his pants. The night was a complete disaster. We packed up and headed towards the house. I figured having the kids strapped in the car keeps them from destroying anything else, and being closer to home gave us the chance to get into the house as soon as they leave. Can't wait for this day to be over. Can't wait for this house selling stuff to be over. Can't wait for this deployment to be over! 

No comments:

Post a Comment