About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve Traditions (kinda)

Christmas is one of my favorite holidays! But this Christmas definitely felt different. With the packers coming the day after Christmas there weren't a lot of decorations around the house, there wasn't an amazing spread of food, and the "joy" of the holiday just seemed to be lacking. Matt and I agreed and tried to enforce with our families to go much smaller this year. We didn't need more things to pack, the kids didn't need more toys, and to stick with more necessities or gift cards! But we tried to keep up with some of our family traditions. Christmas eve, as most families, we set out cookies and milk for Santa and always leave reindeer food in the front yard. This year Dalan had a green addition to keep the Grinch away from our house. 





We also kept our tradition of opening one gift on Christmas Eve; their new ornament! (I was slacking and forgot the pajamas and movie) I love finding ornaments that helped show their interest for that year. Dalan received a Toothless and Hiccup ornament from the movie How To Train Your Dragon 2. Jayen received a Husker football player with the number 5 just like his jersey. Brilyn received, of course, an Elsa ornament. 





Hopefully next year we will be settled in our new house and have the Christmas mommy wanted. But I'm sure there will be others requesting our presence at their house too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment