About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, January 26, 2015

First day of School

Today the kids became officially enrolled in Sonoran Heights Elementary! As I learned in our first meeting, they did not have any support for Jayen in the classroom but no one bothered to tell me that the nurse was going to be gone today too. Who am I supposed to trust to give him his diastat if he were to have a seizure? The teacher hasn't been trained and the only person who could possibly do it is gone. So I ended up staying with him all morning. On Monday's the kids get out early for staff development so I was only in the classroom from 9 until 10:45. I have some worries but hopefully we can get past all of these soon! We will have to see what happens tomorrow since I'm sure they didn't hire someone in one day!

I wasn't worried about Dalan starting his first day in a new school, but maybe should have been. He talked a good game and seemed like this was going to be no big deal. After meeting the school psychologist at the front office we walked to Dalan's room first. He was cool and confident until we opened the door to walk in. He clammed up and hid behind me as Jayen swung the door open and strolled right in. As the teacher approached so did two boys. The boys said hi and asked Dalan what his name was. I was so impressed and excited that they welcomed him so willingly. But the teacher quickly asked them to sit back down. Dalan finally let go of my leg and started warming up. I left him hoping and praying that his first day would be fun! Then walked out of the room quickly before he saw me crying! I know he will do great!

No comments:

Post a Comment