About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Good 'Ole Goodbye Party

Our long time friends, Josh and Michelle Joslin, threw us a going away party at their house. I had been worried about this since the day Josh offered to host. I was never sure how many people would show up and how long any of them would stay. I didn't want their house to have a revolving door or them to go out of their way for any of it. They also just had a baby less than two months earlier. After convincing me that they weren't letting us do it anywhere else, we agreed and tried to help in whatever way possible.
I was so blown away by the amount of people who showed up. I feel loved and know that we will be missed! We wanted a way to see who was all there an a way to wish us off. After showing Matt the idea I had, he was able to draw a picture of our first home. Wow what an artist I am married to! Each of our guests were asked to put their thumb print at the top of the paper. The end result was supposed to look like Mr. Fredrickson's house from the movie "Up!" We had a few friends who tried to put their print in some funny places, so now I might have a little Photoshop work to do.

 










Josh and Michelle went out of their way making food, ordering cake, cleaning the house, getting tables and chairs, and so much more. I can't thank them enough for the opportunity to get together with the most amazing family and friends. Where are we going to be without all of you? 



After most of the guests left a few of us got a game of tippy cup going. Since there were some not drinking, but we needed more players, water quickly became the drink of choice by many. We were even able to get Matt's dad and my dad in on the action! I've never seen either of them play tippy cup before but would love to see it again! I had the most incredible night. I don't want to leave! I am so lucky to have each and every one of these people in my lives. I know they will all still be there for us, but not having them physically near us is still hard!



No comments:

Post a Comment