About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Meeting with the boys' new school

I wanted to make sure everyone was prepared for Jayen at the new school. I had sent his IEP and MDT to the school ahead of time and asked that they contact his teacher and nurse if they had any questions. When I learned they hadn't reached out to anyone I was a little nervous.
I don't know that they were truly understanding what needs Jayen will bring to the classroom. I was extremely disappointed to learn that they don't have support for him in the classroom. The excuse I was given was that they can't hire until the child is officially enrolled in the school. A child is not enrolled in a school until they complete their first day of class. So he has to go to school for a day before they even consider his needs? This seems crazy? Well, let's see what happens Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment