About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, January 19, 2015

My heart will always be in Nebraska

Today is moving day. Today is the day I say goodbye to everything and everyone I know. We drove by our Bellevue house one last time and I think things finally became real. We picked up our boat, said goodbye to Ed and Marcy our neighbors, met the people now living in our house, filled with gas, got some food, and turned on the gps. The kids were split between the two vehicles so we all could keep our sanity for this 24 hour drive. Matt drew the Jayen straw and I drew Dalan and Brilyn. A couple hours into the trip I realized how short the straw I drew really was. Brilyn was not feeling well and ended up puking. We luckily had a bucket in the car from Hunter's puking situation a week ago that was easily accessible. This continued every couple of hours with only two occasions causing an entire outfit change. But each time she used so much energy to puke that she fell asleep after. Thank goodness for technology to keep the rest of the crew happy. Grandma and Grandpa gave Dalan an MP3 player and headphones. After the MP3 ran out of battery, Dalan realized he could plug his headphones into the car and could watch movies without waking up Brilyn! This got us a few more hours!
 
 
A little after midnight I finally convinced Matt to stop for a little rest. He never intended on stopping, but I was beyond tired and needed to. I was able to find a Holiday Inn on the way and used our points to keep the cost low. This was my way of convincing him!! Our heads are going to hit the pillows and wake up in less time then we would all like but at least we will be somewhat ready to finish this drive.






No comments:

Post a Comment