About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Another Award!

I was once again so happy my sister was here to not only help me with all the running around I do on a daily basis, but to be there to celebrate with us so many wonderful things. Today she was able to be part of Dalan's award ceremony. I don't think Dalan has figured out yet that when mom and dad are invited it means he is getting an award. Daddy was able to sneak away from work for a very short amount of time (just enough to see Dalan get his award then leave) but I'm so glad he makes the effort to show Dalan how important it is to all of us!
I don't think Dalan expected to get his award, because when he was called for the reading award he had the biggest smile on his face. After the fiasco with not getting his picture in the yearbook, I'm so glad this positive happened for him. He loves doing well at school and it really shows. I hope that he continues to grow at school. I don't always feel that he is pushed to the same extent he was in Bellevue. I think he is above the class here because he was pushed so hard at his previous school. I will do my best to continue to push him to grow to his greatest potential. Congratulations Dalan! I'm so proud of you!
 


 
I'm of course proud of Dalan, but this also brings up worries and thoughts about Jayen. (And since this is a blog about Jayen and our families journey, I get to talk about those concerns!) Will Jayen ever get an award? Will he ever be proud of the work he does in school? I hope and pray that he someday get the opportunity to feel the same pride I saw in Dalan's face today.

No comments:

Post a Comment