About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Goodbye again

The day has come for me to start kicking and screaming and refusing to leave. I've been teasing Matt that I've been smiling so much my cheeks hurt. I don't want to say goodbye again. Grandma had a little send off gift for the kids; a 10 movie DVD to keep them busy in the car!! Smart thinking grandma! She gave us a movie and we gave her time without her hormonal teenager! Allissa was coming with us. We had arranged for her to drive to Arizona with us then she could fly back and only have to pay for a one way ticket.
 


We stopped in Sioux City for lunch then had to make our way to Omaha to get our car. Matt did such a great job packing everything into the rental that it was such a shame he had to do it again. We got our car, met up with Kourtney (and sleeping Henry), stopped by Jason and Rikki's house since the kids were sick on our way through the first time, then made our way to Renee's to say our final goodbyes. I tried holding back the tears again, but she just wouldn't let me. Life without my best friends has been hard. I would give anything to be able to see them as much as I did before. Counting down the days until I see you all again.

 
I'm so proud of the kids and how they handled all this driving. Even I had a hard time and wanted to keep asking, "Are we there yet?" Jayen found a way to stay comfortable. Having Allissa was a blessing. She was able to help pass out drinks, snacks, toys, games and keep them slightly entertained. Thanks Allissa for your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment