About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, May 9, 2015

The day has finally come! How did she grow up so fast?

I feel like every mom does when this day comes, only I'm not her mom. But I've always had a protective, loving role like a mother in her life. Having a sister 14 years younger than me has always had its challenges. I can't tell you how many times when we were younger people gave dirty looks at me walking through a store as a 14 year old with a little baby on my side. She wasn't my child but I mothered her like she was. I remember being the proudest sister March 20, 1997 when I was called to the school office. I knew I wasn't in trouble. I knew I just got the little sister I had prayed so hard for. I remember dressing her up in every cute outfit I could find and snapping a million pictures. I remember her stealing my boyfriend every time he came over to the house. And as much as I wanted that little squirt to go away so I could have time with him, I secretly loved that she loved him as much as I did. But for some reason, I don't remember much after that. I have always felt like I wasn't there for her when I left for college. I was focused on my dreams and working my butt off to get them. I start remembering more after I had kids. She was always around and always there for them. She has made such an impression on their lives. I love seeing them with her. I always regret not being there as much as I could have or should have. She has grown into such an amazing woman and I couldn't be more proud. Today she graduated high school and there is no place I would rather be.




My present to her! I stressed about what to get her to show her how much I love her and how much she means to be. I took all the pictures I could find of the two of us from the last 18 years and put them in a collage. I love how it turned out. I wanted to give it to her before the reception so I could display it there. I'm glad I got the time to look at it with her and get her heartfelt reaction.

Being back at Wynot High was a little weird. I'm glad there are so many more opportunities for the kids here. My sister graduated high school with 29 college credit hours. HOLY SMOKES! What a great start to her college career. She plans on attending Wayne State College to major in Elementary Education with an Early Childhood endorsement. Good luck and I know you will do awesome!







I couldn't be more proud of my baby sister! I can't wait to see what her future holds. Now pack your bags, because I can't wait to take you back with me! I need some sister time.

No comments:

Post a Comment