About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, June 1, 2015

Getting his point across

This morning Jayen was sitting at the counter eating his cereal with his brother when his sister came downstairs and stood in front of his line of vision of the TV. He quickly announced, "Beep Beep"! Thankfully she understood what he meant and obliged. She slowly started backing up when Jayen continued directing her "back, back, back, back, back" until she reached a suitable destination so he could continue to watch without her blocking his sight line. I'm grateful they both cooperated nicely and all was well. (That usually doesn't happen with the strong willed kids I have here!)
I smiled and laughed inside at how this all played out. Jayen is non verbal but surely knows how to get his way and his point across. He's so much smarter than many will give him credit for.

No comments:

Post a Comment