About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Bribery! I'm not above it!

Brilyn has been having troubles getting her face in the water during swim lessons. She is a little scared and doesn't know how to plug her nose or blow air out of her nose so she doesn't breathe in water. We've been practicing and I think she is ready to show the instructors. I promised her a popsicle if she did it. And she did! I count that as a mommy win. She conquered her fears and did something she wouldn't have otherwise. Yep totally ok with bribery!
\








 
Tonight at the gym Dalan and Jayen wanted to climb the rock wall again. It is kind of expensive so I don't let them do it every time. Jayen does his best but mostly likes to free fall and have the rope catch him. Dalan has been getting about half way up the wall then scares himself and doesn't want to go any further. We keep trying to talk him through where to put his hands and feet and reassuring him that the rope will catch him but he never gets any higher. Today I told him that when he touches the top rock I will give him $20. What motivation that gave him! He didn't make it to the top, but I was a little worried I was going to have to find $20. He got so close then decided it was too high. He was proud of himself though! Again, he did something he wouldn't normally have done. Mommy win!





No comments:

Post a Comment