About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, July 30, 2015

camping and swimming at joan's

Last night we met Tom and the kids out at Cottonwood for some camping. We had the most incredible time.
 





 
In the morning we made breakfast and the kids finished off four cans of hash! They must have been starving. After breakfast, Matt took the boys and their new fishing poles to the lake while the rest of us cleaned up. We tried giving them some time before the other kids noticed. We forgot to buy bait, but there was ample amount flying around; Mayflies seemed to be the best bait ever. The boys would catch them, bait their own hooks, cast by themselves, and catch a fish within minutes. Matt even taught them how to take the fish off the line. I was so proud of all of them. The only issue we had was there were only two poles and seven kids wanting to fish. But the smiles by everyone every time a fish was pulled on shore was worth every ounce of crabbing about not sharing.
 






 
Thanks for the great time camping Tom and Tanya. I'm so happy we have memories like these!
 
Tomorrow we have to drive to Lincoln for the wedding rehearsal, so tonight was the only night we could meet up with Tara and Hannah Hilfiker. They just drove in from North Dakota and I was so excited that it worked out to see them before we left. We were able to meet them at my aunt Joan's house and go swimming in her new pool. The slide was a big hit. Dalan and Hannah couldn't stop going down; Jayen and Brilyn wanted nothing to do with it though. A little later in the evening Lindy and her family pulled up. They just drove in from Omaha. I was so excited to see them since it didn't work out when we were in Omaha to stop and see them. What a special treat to be with my cousins. Our time left in Nebraska is dwindling, but I'm loving every minute of the time we've had. Thanks Tara, Hannah, Lindy, Carl, Elizabeth, Sam, Katie, Joan and Gregg for the fun night.  


No comments:

Post a Comment