About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Check out my new suit!

Someone finally got his SPIO compression suit! We've been working on getting this compression vest and pants for a few months now and they finally came! They are EXTREMELY tight to provide the most compression.
 
"Stabilizing Pressure Input Orthosis (SPIO™) assists patients with stability and proprioceptive deficits through deep pressure.  Since deep pressure appears to be an important somatic input for balance and movement control, SPIO™ is designed to provide and enhance deep pressure sensory input around and toward the midline of the body to improve dynamic stability and postural activation.  SPIO™ has shown to be effective on children with a wide range of diagnoses and disabilities."
  • Syndromes such as Retts, Angelmans and Down Syndrome
  • Cerebral palsy; Athetoid, Ataxia, Quadriplegia, Spastic diplegia, Hemiplegia
  • Instability issues
  • Hypertonia and Hypotonia
  • Brachial plexus injuries
  • Autism
  • Related developmental delays and disabilities
  • Sensory integration dysfunction
I really hope this compression suit can help Jayen. Things have been so crazy around here lately. His behavior is getting harder to control.  Hopefully knowing where his body is in space will help with some of his tantrums. I can only hope and pray!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment