About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, July 3, 2015

No friends to new friends

Mommy was pretty down and depressed about this holiday and not having family and friends to celebrate with. We have had more than enough places to be during this holiday when we lived in Nebraska. We sat around most of the day trying to figure out what to do. Thankfully were received a facebook invite from someone that went to the same high school as Matt. I didn't really know her growing up, but met her at one of the Pearson's parties. Bridget (Wiebelhaus) Whitmire invited us over to her house for a party. We looked up her address and realized it was an hour away. We had nothing else to do so we packed up the kids, car, and snacks and headed over. It was so funny pulling up to the driveway and seeing all the cars with Husker plates and stickers. There were a few other couples from the Northeast Nebraska area as well. One couple, Andy and Amy Dreesen, went to college with my first cousin and was introduced to his now wife by Derek and Erica. What a small world! There was a pool in the backyard so the kids were completely entertained! The big boys found the coolers and drinking games, so they were also completely entertained! It was nice to meet new people and have adult conversations. I'm not used to either of these activities! The night was fun. There were a few fireworks, but nothing like home. Basically there was nothing that shot up into the sky and nothing that spun around. You can't buy anything that goes higher than maybe 8'. Even though they were all very mild fireworks, it still took Jayen a while to get used to them. We had a few freak out moments, but when he got his earmuffs he was much happier. Andy Dressen was so sweet with the kids. He let each one of them help him light one firework. Jayen wanted nothing to do with it, so he convinced him to pick one out and he would light it just for Jayen. I was so impressed how he was still included. I'm thankful that we went, met new people, and had a good time. It was nothing like home, but hopefully it will get better.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment