About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Therapy and memories

Not too often do I get to actually see what Jayen is doing at therapy. I made the choice a long time ago that Jayen just doesn't work the same when I'm around, so I excuse myself from his therapy sessions. Today the door was left open after the last person went though and I was able to get a sneak peek. Jayen was working on his galloping. I can see why we are still working on this goal! But keep up the great work buddy!
 


 
After therapy and a quick nap, Jayen was rummaging through his closet and found one of his bandanas. When he brought it to me to put on his head I felt a sense of sadness. So much of me wanted to tell him to put it back and not touch them. So much of me wanted to hide those memories in a box and not let them escape. However, a little part of me (the part that won) realized this was his life too and a huge part of it. I want his memories to be fun and exciting. Even though the reason we bought those bandanas to begin with isn't a fun and exciting moment, when he wore them it made the moment slightly more fun and exciting. I want them to be something that he can pull out of his closet and see them as fun and exciting and not have the same sadness I felt. For that moment, I tied the back and started playing pirates. These bandanas now have a new memory!


No comments:

Post a Comment