About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

What a scare!

This morning Jayen woke up and made his way into our room. Matt heard him come in, which is a miracle in itself, and got out of bed to intercept him. They ran into each other and Matt hit Jayen's head. Jayen fell backwards, Matt caught him, then he went limp. My heart fell to the ground. I could see Matt's reaction and in my head thought the same thing as he. We were so scared this was Jayen having a seizure. I started screaming NO, NO, NO! We've been doing so good. Keep those damn things away. Jayen has been seizure free since November 2014. He's grown so much in that time. He is making so many gains. We don't have the support here that we had in Nebraska to go through all of this again. After putting him on the bed we were able to assess that he was still tired and just sad that he hit his head. NO SEIZURE! Matt and I couldn't get over what we thought just happened. My heart still hasn't gotten back in beat.
This is going to be a lifelong struggle for us. Every day we still worry that Jayen is going to wake up and have another seizure. Every day we worry wherever he goes that he could have one when we are not there. There is never a day we don't worry! There is never a day we think Jayen will be forever seizure free.

No comments:

Post a Comment